Clean to Green
Clean to Green is a campaign for used or defective electronic products (e-waste) to ensure their safe and environmentally sound recycling. RLG India manages and operates “Clean to Green” awareness campaign to provide consumers a sustainable, reliable and efficient waste disposal methods and solution for producers to comply with their extended producer obligations as prescribed in the CPCB’s Implementation Guidelines for E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, by sensitizing the end customers and importantly, the informal sector.
Over the last 3 years, Clean to Green has reached 25 states & 6 UT’s, outreaching stakeholders in the sphere of Schools, colleges, RWA’s, Office Clusters, Retailers, Bulk Consumers, and Informal Sector. A total of 2,210 activities were conducted across India, the campaign reached out to 2.2 million individuals.
In 2020, RLG India’s Clean to Green campaign, launched its major activities online, in view of the Covid-19 Pandemic which will help us to continue our awareness campaigns, create a sustainable model, and will give us PAN India coverage while keeping our stakeholders connected.
The broader, specific objectives of the PRO are to:
- Develop a fair, open, transparent and non-discriminatory basis for sustainable collection and recycling systems
- Promote and encourage the EEE recycling industry to adopt internationally harmonized recycling standards and best practices
- Foster an environment of partnership and collaboration between the formal recyclers and informal waste collectors.
Our services are:
- To provide an extended producer’s responsibility plan as legally required.
- To facilitate channelization of e-waste including the collection and environmentally sound recycling of electrical and electronic equipment according to the member producers’ obligations.
- To develop and roll out public awareness initiatives and campaigns to promote the program and enhance the disposal of equipment through CIERP.
- To advise members on compliance obligations under the legislative regulations
Through outsourcing the process to the experienced partner and by signing up with CIERP, producers assure their compliance in regard to their EPR obligations while they benefit from economies of scale and burden relief.
The material collection and awareness building is performed through the program "Clean to Green".
The program educates Indian consumers on the impact of electronic waste and benefits of professional recycling of electronic and electric equipment while providing an option to dispose of them in a responsible way.