Producer Responsibility Organization: 'Clean to Green' Program
RLG India manages and operates the Producer Responsibility Organization “Clean India Electronics Recycling Platform” (CIERP) to provide producers a sustainable, reliable and efficient option to comply with their extended producer obligations as prescribed in the CPCB’s Implementation Guidelines for E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
The broader, specific objectives of the PRO are to:
- Develop a fair, open, transparent and non-discriminatory basis for sustainable collection and recycling systems
- Promote and encourage the EEE recycling industry to adopt internationally harmonized recycling standards and best practices
- Foster an environment of partnership and collaboration between the formal recyclers and informal waste collectors.
Our services are:
- To provide an extended producer’s responsibility plan as legally required.
- To facilitate channelization of e-waste including the collection and environmentally sound recycling of electrical and electronic equipment according to the member producers’ obligations.
- To develop and roll out public awareness initiatives and campaigns to promote the program and enhance the disposal of equipment through CIERP.
- To advise members on compliance obligations under the legislative regulations
Through outsourcing the process to the experienced partner and by signing up with CIERP, producers assure their compliance in regard to their EPR obligations while they benefit from economies of scale and burden relief.
The material collection and awareness building is performed through the program "Clean to Green".
The program educates Indian consumers on the impact of electronic waste and benefits of professional recycling of electronic and electric equipment while providing an option to dispose them in a responsible way.
Or dial 1800-103-1460 (toll-free)